I recently had the pleasure to interview a good friend of mine and his wicked 55 Chevy……I wanted to share some photos and a video with you and hope you will enjoy it as much as I did. The best part is Joe drives his car to all the shows including the Cruisin' the Coast event at the Mississippi Coast for the last 15 years!
Its great to see a young guy who enjoys taking his classic hot-rod on the road and sharing it with other classic car fans. I also like the fact that he modified it to fit his taste but also kept the classic look of the 55 Chevy. Joe the paint on your ride may be 20 years old, but it looks GREAT!! Keep it between the Ditches my Friend and thanks again.
1955 Chevy (2 door post) owned by Joe Laxson (Athens, AL)
· Engine: Corvette LS1 V8, Dyno @ 425 HP, tuned by Shane Culbert from Guntersville, AL
· 4L60E automatic transmission , Aluminum radiator with twin electric fans
· Vintage Heat and Air
· Tubular upper and lower control arms with QA1 coilovers front and shocks rear ,1"1/4 sway bar on front
· 373 posi-gears rear end
· 18 gallon stainless gas tank
· 20" wheels on rear and 18" on front
· chrome tilt column with chrome steering wheel
· Dakota digital dash instruments and clock
· 5 1/4 " touch screen pioneer stereo with pioneer speakers and amp
· full custom leather interior by David Lewellen from Cleveland, TN
4 wheel disc brakes and power steering
Enjoy the Video: (Courtesy of ZTV-11)